Monday, April 6, is Dyngus Day — which means there will be plenty of Polish sausage, pierogi and political elbow-rubbing happening throughout the area.
The traditional Polish holiday celebrates the end of the Lenten season. Politicians getting ready for the upcoming primary election are often found at several events meeting with potential voters as well.
Wondering where to get your fill of Polish food and politics on Monday? Here’s a list:
American Legion Post 50
1633 N. Bendix Dr., South Bend
- Begins at 2 p.m.
- Free Polish sausages and hard-boiled eggs
Clay Township Democratic Club
109 E. Pendle St., South Bend
- Noon until supplies run out.
- Polish buffet includes Polish sausage, sweet and sour cabbage, Polish noodles, hard-boiled eggs and pickled hard-boiled eggs.
- Plates $4, individual sausage sandwiches $2
- Music by Zane’s Way, 7 to 11 p.m.
Elks Lodge #235
3535 E. McKinley Ave., South Bend
- 5 to 10 p.m.
- Polish buffet, $12.95
- Buffet includes sausage, baked chicken, noodles, sweet and sour cabbage, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy.
- Sausage sandwiches ($5.95), hard-boiled eggs and chips will also be available for purchase.
- Music by Jeff Roberts, 6 to 10 p.m.
127 N. Main St., South Bend
- Open 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Polish sausage and Scottish haggis will be available all day.
- St. Joseph County Democratic Party will be in attendance between 11 a.m. and noon.
4025 Lincolnway West, South Bend
- 11 a.m. until supplies run out.
- Free lunch buffet includes Polish sausage, ham and assorted sides.
- Polish sausage sandwiches and pierogi will be available beginning at 5 p.m.
- Music by Blammo, 7 to 10 p.m.
2930 McKinley Ave., South Bend
- Open at 3 p.m.
- $3 Polish sausage sandwiches
Check out the full list of Dyngus Day offerings in the full story from Flavor 574.