An Elkhart County company is one of seven businesses in the state honored by Indiana Gov. Mike Pence during the Governor’s Century or Half Century Business Awards ceremony on Wednesday, April 22.
Mid-City Supply Company Inc., a wholesale plumbing and industrial supply company, has been in business for 67 years in Elkhart County and has five other locations in the area.
The Governor’s Century and Half Century Business Awards are awarded to businesses that have been in business for at least 50 or 100 consecutive years and have demonstrated a commitment to community service, according to a news release from the governor’s office. Award recipients are nominated by individuals and organizations in a community.
The full list of honorees for 2015 are:
- Allison Transmission, Inc. (100 years), Marion County
- Bolinger’s Propane Service (66 years), Huntington County
- Geiger & Peters, Inc. (109 years), Marion County
- McGrew’s Well Drilling, Inc. (107 years), Fulton County
- Mid-City Supply Company, Inc. (67 years), Elkhart County
- MJ Insurance, Inc. (50 years), Marion County
- Scottsburg Building and Loan Association (125 years), Scott County