The grand opening of the South Bend Cubs Performance Center is set for Friday night, May 8.
As the performance center begins regular hours, it will add to the action happening at Four Winds Field, even when the Cubs are playing out of town.
The goal for the center is to be the top destination in the area for baseball and softball training.
As for the festivities during the grand opening:
- Everyone entering the facility will receive 2 free tokens to try out the batting cages
- Several baseball and softball instructors will be on site to meet and answer questions, including Mark Haley, former South Bend Silver Hawks manager and current director of training and instruction for the performance center
- Complimentary hot dogs, chips, CrackerJack and pop from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Opportunity to sign up for memberships
- Two sets of South Bend Cubs tickets will be given away every hour
For more information on the South Bend Cubs Performance Center grand opening activities, call (574) 404-3636 or visit the performance center’s website.