Cause of death determined for Osceola man found dead after house fire

0
571

By: Krystal Vivian kvivian@953mnc.com

Police have determined a cause of death for a 68-year-old Osceola man found dead after a fire at his home early Friday morning, May 8.

Davis L. Anderson died after breathing in “products of combustion”, according to a news release from the St. Joseph County Prosecutor’s Office.

Products of combustion can include irritating smoke and toxic gases like carbon monoxide that may arise from flammable synthetic materials including furniture, according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information.

“While the results (of the autopsy) are preliminary, there was no immediate indication that Davis’ death was the direct result of criminal activity,” Asst. Chief Bill Thompson with the St. Joseph County Police Department said. Police are still investigating the fire.