The best burger in northern Indiana is found in South Bend — but what about the best pizza?
The search is on and eight finalists have been named from St. Joseph, Elkhart, Marshall, Kosciusko, LaPorte, Porter and LaGrange counties.
Voting opens up Friday, May 15, and will go through Sunday, May 24. Four pizzerias will move on to the next round, with voting from May 28 to 31. The champion of each county will be determined during voting from June 4 to 7.
Keep scrolling to find out which restaurants you get to choose between
From there, the seven county Pizza Wars champions will be pitted against each other. The first round of voting is from June 12 to 21. The second round is from June 22 to 25. The championship round of voting is from June 26 to 29.
The eight St. Joseph County restaurants competing for the top prize are:
- Barnaby’s Pizza, various locations, South Bend and Mishawaka
- Bruno’s Pizza, various locations, South Bend, Mishawaka, Roseland, Osceola
- Giannetto’s Pizza & Pasta, 14020 Cleveland Road, Granger
- Lacopo’s Pizzeria, 3002 Ardmore Trail, South Bend
- Luigi’s Pizza, 3620 Mishawaka Ave., South Bend
- Rocco’s Restaurant, 537 N. St. Louis Blvd., South Bend
- Starlite Pizza, 51160 Bittersweet Road, Granger, and 932 E. Ireland Road, South Bend
- Tony Sacco’s, 201 Florence Ave., Granger
Each restaurant has its own unique pizza style and flavor, but only one will take the crown.