The search is on to find the best pizza in northern Indiana.
The Northern Indiana Tourism Development Commission took nominations and decided on eight finalists each from St. Joseph, Elkhart, Marshall, Kosciusko, LaPorte, Porter and LaGrange counties.
Voting opens up Friday, May 15, and will go through Sunday, May 24. Four pizzerias will move on to the next round, with voting from May 28 to 31. The champion of each county will be determined during voting from June 4 to 7.
Keep scrolling to find out which Elkhart County restaurants are finalists
From there, the seven county Pizza Wars champions will be pitted against each other. The first round of voting is from June 12 to 21. The second round is from June 22 to 25. The championship round of voting is from June 26 to 29.
The eight Elkhart County restaurants competing for the top prize are:
- Cook’s Pizza, 101 S. Elkhart Ave., Wakarusa
- Iechyd Da Brewing Company, 317 S. Main St., Elkhart
- Michael’s Italian Restaurant, 528 Harrison St., Elkhart
- Primo Italian Eatery, 201 W. Marion St., Elkhart
- Rulli’s, 851 U.S. 20, Middlebury
- Venturi, 123 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen
- The Vine, 214 S. Main St., Elkhart
- Volcano Pizza, multiple locations, Elkhart
Voting begins Friday, May 15, online. An official link from the Northern Indiana Tourism Development Commission will be released Friday. Visit 953MNC.com on Friday morning for the link. Use the hashtag #PizzaWarsNI on Twitter.
- RELATED: Flavor 574 readers nominate who they’d like to see in Pizza Wars, April 28, 2015