Most construction crews will have the holiday weekend off. However, barrels, cones and barricades will remain in place at many construction areas in Michiana.
There are also some bridge closures leading to downtown South Bend due to the SB150 weekend-long celebration.
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY
- In St. Joseph County, Layton Road has re-opened a 1/2 mile east of State Road 331. Also, the junction of Madison Road at Elm Road is now re-opened. Both areas have barricades up due to repairs needed, so watch your speed and use extra caution. (ends TBA)
- In Marshall County, the U.S. 6 bridge over the Yellow River is closed. The bridge is a mile west of State Road 331 in Bremen. The bridge will be closed until the end of September while crews replace the deck. Detours are set up on State Road 106.
- In Niles, the right shoulder on the eastbound US-12 bridge over M-51 is closed as a precaution due to damage to the beam. (ends TBA)
- A reminder for downtown Niles drivers, that the Main St. Bridge is closed for an entire year. Detours are set along Lincoln, Grant, Broadway, Fifth and Wayne Streets.
- In South Bend, the Jefferson St. bridge is closed for SB150 activities. The Colfax bridge will close Friday night at 6:00pm. Both will re-open by Monday.
- In South Bend, watch for lane closures on Kenmore Street near Voorde Drive. Flaggers may be on scene to help direct you through. (ends 6/17)
- In South Bend, Watch for lane closures at Lafayette and Navarre and Lafayette north of Navarre. (ends 5/22)
- In South Bend, traffic is restricted on Northshore Drive at Iroquois, due to the river bank caving in. The bike lanes are closed there. Traffic is shifted to the north (TFN)
- In South Bend, Fellows Street is closed from Ireland Road to Walter Street. (ends late on 5/29)
- In South Bend, lane restrictions along Lincolnway West from William to Maplewood. (ends 6/26)
- Watch for closures at the Fir Road and Cleveland Road railroad tracks. Crews say it could take till the end of the week to finish. (ends 5/22)
- In Mishawaka, Mishawaka Ave. is closed to through traffic from Main St. to Cedar St. Traffic will be detoured via Main, Lincolnway and Cedar. (ends in late June)
- In Mishawaka, Church St. between Third St. and Eighth St. is down to one lane in each direction. No left turns will be permitted at Fourth St. for northbound traffic. No left turns will be permitted at Seventh St. for southbound traffic. These restrictions will remain in place until mid-June. Truck traffic is detoured using State Road 331 via McKinley Ave.,Lincolnway East, Twelfth St., and the US 20 Bypass. (ends 6/15)
- In Granger, Gumwood Road is closed from Brick Rd. to Adams Rd. Work to finish the storm sewer, earthwork, pavement removal and prepare for asphalt pavement will take place. Traffic will be detoured to Fir Rd., Adams Rd. and Grape Rd.
- In downtown Goshen, watch for lane closures on southbound Third Street from Washington to Madison streets. Detour using South Main or Lincoln Avenue. (ends 5/27)
- In Elkhart County, Norfolk Southern has called for crews to work on the crossing at County Road 37 at County Road 140. Also, County Road 37 at County Road 42. The crossings will be closed for a week. (ends 5/26)
- In Elkhart County, Norfolk Southern has called for crews to work on the crossing at County Road 31 at County Road 36. Also County Road 31 at County Road 38. The crossings will be closed for a week. (ends 5/26)
- In Elkhart, Prairie St. is closed on the north side of Middlebury St. to the south side of State St.
- Starting in June, construction will close Prairie Street from Division Street to Stocker Court. While this portion of the road is closed, northbound and southbound traffic will be redirected to Main Street, Franklin Street and Waterfall Drive. Eastbound and westbound traffic will be detoured to Richmond Street, Waterfall Drive, Franklin Street and Main Street.
- In Elkhart, Waterfall Drive is closed between Franklin St & High Street for streetscape improvements and Riverwalk extension. E. Lexington, Waterfall Drive and High Street will be one-way throughout the construction project. (ends 9/15)
- In Elkhart County, the County Road 40 bridge over Stony Creek is closed between County Road 43 and County Road South 1200 West in Lagrange County (west of Topeka). (ends 7/5)
- A repaving project is underway on U.S. 33 from the Elkhart River bridge to Ferndale Road. Watch for lane closures and prepare for possible delays. (ends 7/2)
- INDOT’s repaving project along State Road 15 from Kercher Raod to Madison Street is expected to start the second week of April. Crews will start with adjusting storm sewers and working with curb ramps along the road. Shortly after the crews will be patching the roads.
- Drivers who regularly travel the County Road 4 bridge over Christiana Creek, north of Elkhart, need to find a new route. The bridge is closed for the next six months for replacement. (ends 6/2015)