ST. JOSEPH COUNTY
- (NEW) INDOT is planning periodic 20 minute closures of U.S. 31, between the U.S. 20 Bypass interchange and the Kern Road interchange, on Monday and Tuesday. On Monday, June 1: It’s the northbound lanes that will be affected with northbound U.S. 31 northbound down to one lane all day between Kern Road and the U.S. 20 Bypass. In addition, the 20 minute closures will occur as many as 10 times throughout the day between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. On Tuesday, June 2: The southbound lanes will be affected. The closures are necessary to ensure driver safety as massive beams are set for the new Johnson Road bridge spanning over the new U.S. 31.
- In St. Joseph County, watch for barricades on Layton Road, one-half mile east of State Road 331. Also, near the junction of Madison Road at Elm Road. Watch your speed and use extra caution. (ends TBA)
- (NEW) Traffic is restricted along Prast Blvd. just east of Bendix.
- Watch for lane restrictions along Lincolnway West, from Maple Street to Olive Street due to repaving work. (ends 6/2)
- Rose Street is restricted east of Hass Drive. Watch for flagmen directing traffic at times. (ends 6/1)
- Northbound Portage is down to one lane between Bendix and Appaloosa Drive. (ends 6/5)
- Watch for lane closures on Kenmore Street near Voorde Drive. Flaggers may be on scene to help direct you through. (ends 6/17)
- Traffic is restricted on Northshore Drive at Iroquois, due to the river bank caving in. The bike lanes are closed there. Traffic is shifted to the north (TFN)
- Lane restrictions continue along Lincolnway West from William to Maplewood. (ends 6/26)
- Mishawaka Ave. is closed to through traffic from Main St. to Cedar St. Traffic will be detoured via Main, Lincolnway and Cedar. (ends in late June)
- Church St. between Third St. and Eighth St. is down to one lane in each direction. Large truck traffic is being detoured. (ends 6/15)
- In Granger, Gumwood Road is closed from Brick Rd. to Adams Rd. Work to finish the storm sewer, earthwork, pavement removal and prepare for asphalt pavement will take place. Traffic will be detoured to Fir Rd., Adams Rd. and Grape Rd.
- Road construction along U.S. 33 between Elkhart River bridge and Ferndale Road continues. Most of the work is expected to be finished in early June.
- State Road 15 is being worked on from Madison Street to Kercher Road. (ends 7/5)
- Fifth Street is closed from north of Pike Street to Rock Run Creek.
- (NEW) Watch for lane restrictions on County Road 6 at County Road 15 now through Wednesday. (ends 6/3)
- (NEW) The Cassopolis St. Bridge is closed from Crawford St to Baldwin St. (ends 6/2)
- Arcade Avenue is closed from Woodward Avenue to Suwanee Street (ends 6/8)
- Folsom Street is closed at Elizabeth, Belmont, Huron and York starting now, through mid-November. Take Bar Street to get to the cross streets. (ends 11/15/15)
- Prairie St. is closed on the north side of Middlebury St. to the south side of State St.
- Waterfall Drive is closed between Franklin St & High Street for streetscape improvements and Riverwalk extension. E. Lexington, Waterfall Drive and High Street will be one-way throughout the construction project. (ends 9/15)
- The County Road 40 bridge over Stony Creek is closed between County Road 43 and County Road South 1200 West in Lagrange County (west of Topeka). (ends 7/17)
- US 20 lane expansion continues from County Road 17 to County Road 15. (ends 7/2015)
- The realigning of County Road 40 continues east of County Road 19 (ends 6/25)
- Drivers who regularly travel the County Road 4 bridge over Christiana Creek, north of Elkhart, need to find a new route. The bridge is closed for the next six months for replacement. (ends 6/2015)
- (NEW) Near Nappanee, work begins on a new roundabout, as crews will begin widening State Road 19 around the State Road 119 and County Road 44 crossing.(TBA)
- In Marshall County, the U.S. 6 bridge over the Yellow River is closed. The bridge is a mile west of State Road 331 in Bremen. (ends 9/2015)
- In Niles, the right shoulder on the eastbound US-12 bridge over M-51 is closed as a precaution due to damage to the beam. (ends TBA)
- A reminder for downtown Niles drivers, that the Main St. Bridge is closed for an entire year. Detours are set along Lincoln, Grant, Broadway, Fifth and Wayne Streets.