This week is Bike To Work Week in Michiana. Be sure to use extra caution as more people are expected to be using two-wheels to get to work.
- (NEW) Notre Dame Ave is closed from Peashway to Napoleon (ends 6/18)
- (NEW) Lane restrictions along Hill Street from Crescent to Corby Blvd. (ends 7/28)
- It’s down to one lane in each direction along State Road 23 just south of Douglas Road for bridge repairs. Expect long delays at the intersection of SR 23 and Douglas Road, especially during the rush hours. (ends mid-August)
- Watch for lane closures on Kenmore Street near Voorde Drive. Flaggers may be on scene to help direct you through. (ends 6/17)
- Traffic is restricted on Northshore Drive at Iroquois. The bike lanes are closed there. Traffic is shifted to the north (TFN)
- Lane restrictions continue along Lincolnway West from William to Maplewood. (ends 6/26)
- Bremen Highway remains closed at Dragoon Tr. and north of the Meijer Store due to road buckling.
- Mishawaka Avenue is closed to through traffic from Cedar Street to Willow Street. (ends 8/14) This is in addition to closure on Mishawaka Avenue from Main to Cedar, which ends in late June.
- Cedar St. is restricted between Mishawaka Avenue and Edgewater Drive. (ends 6/19)
- Church St. between Third St. and Eighth St. is down to one lane in each direction. Large truck traffic is being detoured. (ends 6/15)
- Gumwood Road is closed from Brick Rd. to Adams Rd. Work to finish the storm sewer, earthwork, pavement removal and prepare for asphalt pavement will take place. Traffic will be detoured to Fir Rd., Adams Rd. and Grape Rd.
- The Norfolk Southern railroad crossings at Lincoln and Cottage Avenue are closed. (ends 6/20)
- Road construction along U.S. 33 between Elkhart River bridge and Ferndale Road continues. Most of the work is expected to be finished in early June.
- State Road 15 is being worked on from Madison Street to Kercher Road. (ends 7/5)
- Fifth Street is closed from north of Pike Street to Rock Run Creek.
- (NEW) In Elkhart, the intersection of Prairie and Middlebury streets is now closed until mid-November for continued road work. Traffic is being detoured to Main, Franklin and Waterfall streets.
- Folsom Street is closed at Elizabeth, Belmont, Huron and York starting now, through mid-November. Take Bar Street to get to the cross streets. (ends 11/15/15)
- The realigning of County Road 40 continues east of County Road 19 (ends 6/25)
- Waterfall Drive is closed between Franklin St & High Street for streetscape improvements and Riverwalk extension. E. Lexington, Waterfall Drive and High Street will be one-way throughout the construction project. (ends 9/15)
- The County Road 40 bridge over Stony Creek is closed between County Road 43 and County Road South 1200 West in Lagrange County (west of Topeka). (ends 7/17)
- U.S. 20 lane expansion continues from County Road 17 to County Road 15. (ends 7/2015)
- Drivers who regularly travel the County Road 4 bridge over Christiana Creek, north of Elkhart, need to find a new route. The bridge is closed for the next six months for replacement. (ends 6/2015)
- Near Nappanee, work begins on a new roundabout, as crews will begin widening State Road 19 around the State Road 119 and County Road 44 crossing.(TBA)
- In Marshall County, the U.S. 6 bridge over the Yellow River is closed. The bridge is a mile west of State Road 331 in Bremen. (ends 9/2015)
- In Niles, the right shoulder on the eastbound US-12 bridge over M-51 is closed as a precaution due to damage to the beam. (ends TBA)
- A reminder for downtown Niles drivers, that the Main St. Bridge is closed for an entire year. Detours are set along Lincoln, Grant, Broadway, Fifth and Wayne Streets.