BACK TO SCHOOL
- (NEW) It’s back-to-school for students who attend Wawasee Community Schools and Warsaw Community Schools. Also, student orientation takes place today for St. Joseph High School-South Bend students. Be sure to watch for students coming and going, and remember, if you see a school bus with its stop-arm extended, you must stop.
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY
- The ramp from eastbound U.S. 20 to the northbound bypass is closed. Also, the ramp from the northbound bypass to westbound U.S. 20 is closed. Intermittent lane closure on U.S. 20 and the bypass are also possible.
- (NEW) The eastbound right lane of the bypass will be closed between the State Road 23 exit and the U.S. 31/Michigan St. exit, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
(NEW) In St. Joseph County, workwork is underway this week on the following roads:
- Ireland Road from Clover Road to Capital Avenue
- Fern Road from Roosevelt Road to Kelly Road
- Roosevelt Road from Fern Road to Elm Road
- New Road from Fir Road to Elm Road
- Fir Road from Kern Road to Jackson Road
- Osborne Road from Cul-de-Sac to Miami Highway
- Once work begins on a section of roadway, it is closed to through traffic for two hours.
- (NEW) Linden Road is restricted from Lombardy to Burbank. (ends 8/13)
- (NEW) Traffic is restricted on Vaness Street from Burdette heading south. (ends 8/21)
- Wayne Street is closed from Chapin to Scott. Watch for restrictions on Chapin in that area, as well. (ends 8/11)
- Northside Drive is restricted from St. Louis to Northside Blvd. (ends 8/27)
- Watch for lane restrictions on Western Avenue from Dundee to Bendix. (ends 10/1)
- (NEW) Beiger Street is closed to through traffic between Fourth St. and Twelfth St. Flaggers will be on scene to assist local traffic. (ends 8/12)
- (NEW) Edison Road is restricted between Grape and Hickory for repaving. (ends late on 8/14)
- Gumwood Road is closing from north of Adams Road to the Michigan state line for road work. Residents who live in the neighborhoods along that stretch will need to get in and out through Adams Road.
- Cedar St. will be closed to through traffic between Lincolnway and Fourth St. The intersection of Cedar St. and Third St. will also be closed. Lincolnway and Fourth St. will remain open to traffic. (ends 10/31)
- Mishawaka Ave. will be closed between Forest Avenue and Liberty Drive. (ends 10/31)
- Mishawaka Avenue is closed to through traffic from Cedar Street to Willow Street. (ends 8/14)
- Fir Road is closed to all traffic between State Road 23 and Brick Road. (ends 8/31)
- Fir Road is closed between Cleveland Road and the Toll Road bridge. This includes the intersection of Fir and University Drive. (ends 8/31)
- In Goshen, Fifth Street is closed from north of Pike Street to Rock Run Creek.
- The U.S. 33 bridge over the Elkhart River in Benton is closed. Detour using U.S. 6 to State Road 13, State Road 15, then back to 33.
- Waterfall Drive is closed between Franklin St & High Street for streetscape improvements and Riverwalk extension. E. Lexington, Waterfall Drive and High Street will be one-way throughout the construction project. (ends 9/15)
- Prairie Street is closed from Division Street to Stocker Court. This includes the intersection with Division. Detour to Main, Franklin and Waterfall. (ends 11/15/15)
- Folsom Street is closed at Elizabeth, Belmont, Huron and York. Take Bar Street to get to the cross streets. (ends 11/15/15)
- In Elkhart County, U.S. 20 lane expansion continues from County Road 17 to County Road 15. (ends 7/2015)
- Near Nappanee, State Road 119 is closed between County Road 7 and State Road 19 while crews continue work on a new roundabout at 19-119 and County Road 44. County Road 44 East is also closed. (ends 10/2015)
- In Marshall County, the U.S. 6 bridge over the Yellow River is closed. The bridge is a mile west of State Road 331 in Bremen. (ends 9/2015)
- In Niles, the right shoulder on the eastbound US-12 bridge over M-51 is closed as a precaution due to damage to the beam. (ends TBA)
- A reminder for downtown Niles drivers, that the Main St. Bridge is closed for an entire year. Detours are set along Lincoln, Grant, Broadway, Fifth and Wayne Streets.