ST. JOSEPH COUNTY
- The ramp from eastbound U.S. 20 to the northbound bypass is closed. Also, the ramp from the northbound bypass to westbound U.S. 20 is closed. Intermittent lane closure on U.S. 20 and the bypass are also possible.
- Delays are possible on the State Road 23 bridge over Yellow Bank Creek, between Shively Road and Walnut Road, near Walkerton, due to bridge work. Flaggers will be on scene at times directing traffic. (ends 10/31)
- In St. Joseph County, State Road 23 is closed at the railroad tracks between U.S 6 and Tyler Road in Walkerton. Crews will be replacing the bridge deck over Pine Creek. The closure is in effect through mid-November. Detours are set up.
- (NEW) North Olive Street is restricted from Keller to Marquette. (ends 10/2)
- (NEW) Watch for restrictions on West Lathrop Street, east of Bendix Drive. (ends 10/6)
- (NEW) Watch for lane closures on Oak St. from Sherman to Cottage Grove. (ends 10/5)
- (NEW) Watch for a lane closure along McKinley Ave at northeast corner of Preston Drive and McKinley Ave. (ends 10/2)
- (NEW) The intersection of Western and Lafayette is closed. (ends TBA)
- (NEW) Parts of Lafayette Blvd. are down to one lane. This lane restriction will last through October 6th. Expect possible back-ups during the rush hours. Other lane restrictions will take place in that area until mid November. (Work is being done to improve the power grid to help prevent another outage like the one that happened last year.)
- Watch for lane restrictions on Western Avenue from Dundee to Bendix. (ends 10/1)
- Watch for restrictions in the 500 block of West South St. continuing to Main St. (ends 10/2)
- Traffic is restricted along Carbonmill Drive from Ameritech to the east. (ends 10/9)
- Cedar St. is closed to through traffic between Lincolnway and Fourth St/, including the intersection of Cedar St. and Third St. (ends 10/31)
- Gumwood Road is closing from north of Adams Road to the Michigan state line for road work. Residents who live in the neighborhoods along that stretch will need to get in and out through Adams Road.
- Mishawaka Ave. will be closed between Forest Avenue and Liberty Drive. (ends 10/31)
- (NEW) Lusher Avenue will be closed from Morehouse Avenue to South Main Street. (ends 10/2)
- (NEW) The 2800 block of Homer Avenue is closed for sewer work. (ends 10/5)
- (NEW) Traffic on South Main Street has been shifted west between Lusher and Indiana avenues while the Schult Warehouse is demolished, but northbound and southbound lanes remain open.
- Down to one lane in each direction on South Main Street, between Ren Street and Chase Street. Expect possible delays. (ends 10/16)
- Westbound Lexington Avenue between Main Street and Waterfall Drive, Waterfall Drive between Jackson Boulevard and High Street and the Gause parking lot along Waterfall are closed. (ends 11/1)
- Prairie Street is closed between Waterfall Drive and Division Street. This is a long-term closure, ending in late October. (ends 10/24)
- Prairie Street is closed from Division Street to Stocker Court. This includes the intersection with Division. Detour to Main, Franklin and Waterfall. (ends 11/15/15)
- Folsom Street is closed at Elizabeth, Belmont, Huron and York. Take Bar Street to get to the cross streets. (ends 11/15/15
- The U.S. 33 bridge over the Elkhart River in Benton is closed. Detour using U.S. 6 to State Road 13, State Road 15, then back to 33.
- State Road 119 is closed between County Road 7 and State Road 19 while crews continue work on a new roundabout at 19-119 and County Road 44. County Road 44 East is also closed. (ends 10/2015)
- State Road 39 is closing between U.S 30 and U.S. 6, near LaPorte. Crews are resurfacing the road and replacing the guard rails. (ends 11/15/15)
- Watch for lane restrictions on State Road 331 between U.S. 30 and State Road 10 near Bourbon. This goes until the end of November. Also, SR 331 will be closed, completely, starting 8/24 through mid-September for railroad crossing repair between E. Jackson Street and Lincoln Highway.
- The U.S. 6 bridge over the Yellow River is closed. The bridge is a mile west of State Road 331 in Bremen. (ends 9/2015)
- In Niles, the right shoulder on the eastbound US-12 bridge over M-51 is closed as a precaution due to damage to the beam. (ends TBA)
- A reminder for downtown Niles drivers, that the Main St. Bridge is closed for an entire year. Detours are set along Lincoln, Grant, Broadway, Fifth and Wayne Streets.