An autopsy performed on a Notre Dame student who died in his dorm room earlier this week was inconclusive.
Jake Scanlan, a mechanical engineering student from North Potomac, Md., died in his Siegfried Hall dorm room Wednesday morning, Nov. 11.
- RELATED: Notre Dame student died in dorm room Wednesday morning, Nov. 11, 2015
The preliminary report from the autopsy performed Thursday, Nov. 12, showed Scanlan had an enlarged heart, but no cause of death was determined, the South Bend Tribune reported.
A full autopsy report will be available in the next few weeks. Toxicology results can take up to 12 weeks.