Niles house fire leads to death of 82-year-old woman, two cats

0
203

By: Krystal Vivian kvivian@953mnc.com

An 82-year-old woman died in a house fire in Niles, Mich., on Sunday, Nov. 15, after firefighters say she called 911 twice to report the fire.

Mary Ann Brothers and her two cats died in the fire in the 2400 block of Bond Street in Niles, Mich.

Firefighters say Brothers called 911 twice, each time saying “fire” and then hanging up, WSBT reported.

The cause of the fire hasn’t yet been determined, but may have started near a wood burning stove, according to WNDU.

The fire is believed to be accidental.