Carbon monoxide poisoning in Edwardsburg kills one, sends five to hospital

0
186

By: Krystal Vivian kvivian@953mnc.com

(Source: https://goo.gl/vhJp2U License: https://goo.gl/sZ7V7x)

A man was killed and five people were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide leak inside an Edwardsburg, Mich., home that was reported early Friday morning, Feb. 5.

Andrew Weston, 43, of Columbus, Ind., was found dead inside the house in the 66000 block of Indigan Lane at about 5:30 a.m., according to the Cass County Sheriff’s Office.

Weston was found in the basement of the home near the source of the carbon monoxide leak — an enclosed pool heating and boiler system. He was pronounced dead at the house.

A 46-year-old man, a 41-year-old woman, two 5-year-old boys and a 3-year-old girl were treated at South Bend Memorial Hospital and St. Joseph Medical Center and are expected to survive, the sheriff’s office said. They were on the first and second floors of the home.

An autopsy has been scheduled to confirm the cause of death for Weston.