A Winter Weather Advisory begins at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 1, and ends at 1:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
A wintry mix of freezing rain and snow will develop by late tuesday morning and then change to snow by early tuesday afternoon, according to the National Weather Service of Northern Indiana.
Total snowfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches in Indiana and 2 to 4 inches in Michigan are possible by Tuesday evening. Ice accumulations of up to a tenth of an inch are also possible.
As the rain and freezing rain begins to fall, roads will become snow and ice covered. The tuesday evening commute may be hazardous, so prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities and use caution while driving.
For severe weather text alerts direct to your cell phone, text NEWS to 45364.
- Today: Rain/snow mix changing to all snow by afternoon, highs in the mid 30s.
- Tonight: Snow showers continue in spots, lows in the low 20s.
- Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, highs in the low 30s.
- Thursday: Snow showers, highs in the low 30s.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, highs in the low 30s.
- Saturday: Rain/snow mix, highs in the mid 30s.
- Sunday: Partly cloudy, highs in the mid 40s.