U.S. 20 MAJOR CLOSURE
- (NEW FOR WED) On-and-off 20 minute closures on U.S. 20 are scheduled for Wednesday as crews are removing 54,000 pound bridge beams just west of the South Bend Airport. The closures are happening between Pine Road and Linwood Blvd. The closures are expected to continue through Saturday, so you are advised to avoid this stretch of U.S. 20 altogether.
- U.S. 31/20 Bypass bridge construction near the South Bend Airport continues. The ramp closures are from the southbound bypass to eastbound 20 and from westbound 20 to the southbound bypass. Also, watch for lane closures on the bypass and 20 at the bridge. Detours are set up.
ON THE TOLL ROAD
- Constriction on the Indiana Toll Road is underway between mile markers 22 to 30 and mile markers 41 to 50. Expect on-and-off lane closures in both the east and westbound lanes. (ends 2018)
- (NEW) Starting around 8:30 a.m., the westbound lane of East Mishawaka Avenue will be restricted between Main St. and Sarah St. and will remain closed until next Friday. (ends 4/22)
- (NEW) In Mishawaka, the left southbound lane on South Logan St will be closed to all traffic between Milburn Blvd and Panama St. for an electric pole repair once again today. South bound traffic will be detoured using Burdette St. (ends late on 4/13)
IN SOUTH BEND
- (NEW FOR WED) Colfax is restricted from Hill to Niles Ave as creds work on the siding at Colfax-Hill Apartments. (ends 4/19)
- (NEW FOR WED) Watch for crews working at the intersection of Michigan and Calvert. (ends 4/14)
- (NEW) Lafayette is restricted from Columbus Ct. to LaSalle Ave… Also, LaSalle is restricted from Lafayette to Main St. for installation of a gas main (ends 4/22)
- (NEW) Traffic is restricted at Notre Dame Ave. from Corby to South Bend Ave. due to sewer repairs. (ends 4/14)
- (NEW) Westbound Sample is closed from the Grant Street intersection to just east of Jackson. (ends 4/13)
- (NEW) In South Bend, watch for restrictions on northbound Michigan Street from Norman to Walter for sewer work. (ends tfn)
- (NEW) Traffic is restricted at Michigan and Bartlett. (ends 4/15)
- (NEW) Watch for restrictions on Bronson between Lafayette and Michigan. (ends 4/15)
- (NEW) The far right lane of Main Street, downtown, is restricted from Madison to Colfax. (ends 5/6)
- (NEW) New restrictions are in place at Olive St. and Sample St. from the railroad south of Tucker on Olive… and from Olive and Sample to Olive and Ford. Also, the intersection of Brookfield and Sample. (ends 4/28)
- Helmen Court is restriction from Wayne North to Jefferson. (ends 4/19)
- (NEW) In Elkhart, The railroad crossing on Kercher Road, east of State Road 15 is closed to traffic for improvements to the track. Drivers can detour, using Kercher to County Road 27, then follow the signs. (ends 4/15)
- (NEW) In Elkhart, the Monroe Street Railroad Crossing will be permanently closed beginning this week. The closing is part of the Prairie Street Overpass project.
IN ELKHART COUNTY
- County Road 29 is closed at U.S. 6. Detours are set up for traffic along CR 29. Traffic on U.S. 6 is not affected, but watch out for flaggers directing traffic at times. (ends 10/16)
IN MARSHALL COUNTY
- Michigan Road, the old 31, is closed just south of Lapaz for bridge replacement work. Drivers are encouraged to take U.S. 6, U.S. 31 and U.S. 30 to get in and out of Plymouth.)
IN KOSCIUSKO COUNTY
- Watch for alternating lane restrictions on U.S. 30 between State Road 15 and State Road 19 in Kosciusko County for the next several months. Crews will be working on three bridges along U.S. 30. Work is expected to be completed by late August.
IN LAPORTE COUNTY
- (NEW) Watch for ramp closures on I-94 at the State Road 421 exit. The closures are in effect through late May.
- In LaPorte County, Watch for lane closures on east and westbound I-94 between the U.S. 20/35 interchange and mile marker 41, through the end of October.
IN BERRIEN COUNTY
- (NEW) Territorial Road in Berrien County is closed east of Millburg between North Branch and Park roads, due to a pavement collapse. Drivers can detour to North Branch and Park roads. (ends tba)
IN CASS COUNTY
The Canadian National Railroad is replacing railroad ties from the state line northward Village of Penn in Cass County.
- US 12 in Edwardsburg
- Pine Lake Street west of M 62
- Evan Street west of M 62
- Hospital Street west of M 62
The crossings will be closed for approximately 2 weeks while crews are working on the upgrades.