Fire at Mishawaka home Wednesday night caused by faulty cell phone charger

0
447

By: Krystal Vivian kvivian@953mnc.com

A fire that heavily damaged a home in MIshawaka’s Winding Brook subdivision on Wednesday night, April 27, was sparked by a faulty cell phone charger.

Three people inside the home in the 15000 block of Whispering Oak Drive escaped uninjured when the fire broke out at about 7:30 p.m., WNDU reported.

The fire started when a cell phone charger plugged into a wall sparked and tripped the circuit breaker. When someone turned the circuit breaker back on, the charger sparked again and a nearby piece of furniture caught fire.