Seven escape Granger house fire early Monday morning

0
1025

By: Krystal Vivian kvivian@953mnc.com

(Photo Supplied/ABC 57)

Seven people escaped a house fire in Granger early Monday morning, May 23.

Clay Fire Territory got to the house in the 51600 block of Lant Lane at about 1 a.m. and found flames and smoke coming from the bedroom windows on the home’s second floor, the fire department said.

The people inside escaped after smelling smoke and one person was treated at St. Joseph Medical Center for possible smoke inhalation.

The fire was contained to the second floor, but the home was heavily damaged by fire, smoke and water.

Fire investigators believe the blaze started at an electrical outlet.