It’s officially fair season in northern Indiana, starting with the St. Joseph County Fair.
This year’s fair is from Friday, July 3, to Saturday, July 11, according to the St. Joseph County Fair website. Before you head out to the fairgrounds, 5117 Ironwood Drive, South Bend, here’s everything you need to know to make the most of your experience.
- RELATED: St. Joseph County 4-H Fair 2015: Rodney Atkins, Andy Grammer, monster trucks on entertainment lineup, April 23
- RELATED: 2015 Elkhart County 4-H Fair concert lineup includes Trace Adkins, Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, and more, Feb. 11
WHEN IS THE FAIR?
Grounds open each day at 7 a.m. and close at 11 p.m. Rides run from 2 to 11 p.m.
WHEN ARE WRISTBAND DAYS AND WHAT DOES IT COST?
Admission at the gate is $8, according to the fair website every day from noon until close, but prices before noon vary each day. See the website for more information.
Admission is free to children 8-years-old and under, police and fire fighters and active military members.
- RELATED: Selfie sticks are banned at the St. Joseph County 4-H Fair this year, July 1, 2015
Wristbands are $23 at the fair and $20 in advance and are accepted every day except Monday and Wednesday.
Parking is free.
WHAT CAN I EAT AT THE FAIR?
There are 44 vendors at this year’s fair, Larry Ort, St. Joseph County 4-H Fair board member said.
Fairgoers can expect classic fair foods like funnel cakes, elephant ears and fried veggies, but there will be newcomers like a Panda Express pop-up booth.
For more information about this year’s fair food, visit 95.3 MNC’s partners at Flavor 574.
WHO IS PERFORMING THIS YEAR?
- Andy Grammer is performing at 8 p.m. Tuesday, July 7.
- Cook & Belle will open for Atkins at 7 p.m. Friday, July 10 at 7 p.m.
- Rodney Atkins will perform at 8:30 p.m. Friday, July 10.
Tickets can be picked up at the Fair Board Office and do not include admission to the fair. Each show is at the Grandstand.