ST. JOSEPH COUNTY
- (NEW) Periodic 20 minute closures continue on U.S. 20, between Pine Road and W. Linwood Blvd, just west of the South Bend International Airport. Crews are using a crane to place overhead bridge beams for the U.S. 31/20 Bypass bridge spanning over U.S. 20/Lincoln Way. The closures begin at 8 a.m. and end at 6 p.m. on Wednesday. You are advised to avoid using U.S. 20 in this area altogether until late in the day. (ends late on 10/7)
- The ramp from eastbound U.S. 20 to the northbound bypass is closed. Also, the ramp from the northbound bypass to westbound U.S. 20 is closed. Intermittent lane closure on U.S. 20 and the bypass are also possible.
- Delays are possible on the State Road 23 bridge over Yellow Bank Creek, between Shively Road and Walnut Road, near Walkerton, due to bridge work. Flaggers will be on scene at times directing traffic. (ends 10/31)
- State Road 23 is closed at the railroad tracks between U.S 6 and Tyler Road in Walkerton. Crews will be replacing the bridge deck over Pine Creek. The closure is in effect through mid-November. Detours are set up.
- (NEW) Fuerbringer Street is restricted from Harrison Ave. to Sherman Ave. Also… Sherman Avenue is restricted from Fuerbringer to Oak Street. (ends 10/12)
- (NEW) The intersection of Western and Lafayette has re-opened, but Lafayette is closed from just north of Western to Jefferson. (Work is being done to improve the power grid to help prevent another outage like the one that happened last year.
- Watch for restrictions on West Lathrop Street, east of Bendix Drive. (ends 10/6)
- Traffic is restricted along Carbonmill Drive from Ameritech to the east. (ends 10/9)
- Cedar St. is closed to through traffic between Lincolnway and Fourth St., including the intersection of Cedar St. and Third St. (ends 10/31)
- Gumwood Road is closing from north of Adams Road to the Michigan state line for road work. Residents who live in the neighborhoods along that stretch will need to get in and out through Adams Road.
- Mishawaka Ave. will be closed between Forest Avenue and Liberty Drive. (ends 10/31)
- (NEW) Lusher Avenue is closed from 7 am to 7pm between South Main and Morehouse for repaving. (ends late on 10/7)
- (NEW) The 2800 block of Homer Avenue is closed for sewer work. (ends 10/7)
- (NEW) Traffic on South Main Street has been shifted west between Lusher and Indiana Avenues while the Schult Warehouse is demolished, but northbound and southbound lanes remain open.
- Down to one lane in each direction on South Main Street, between Ren Street and Chase Street. Expect possible delays. (ends 10/16)
- Traffic on Lexington Avenue between Main St. and Waterfall Drive is still one-way due to construction. Northbound Waterfall is still closed between High Street and Jackson Boulevard. And the Gause parking lot along Waterfall io still closed. (ends 11/1)
- Prairie Street is closed from Division Street to Stocker Court. This includes the intersection with Division. Detour to Main, Franklin and Waterfall. (ends 11/15/15)
- Folsom Street is closed at Elizabeth, Belmont, Huron and York. Take Bar Street to get to the cross streets. (ends 11/15/15)
- The U.S. 33 bridge over the Elkhart River in Benton is closed. Detour using U.S. 6 to State Road 13, State Road 15, then back to 33.
- State Road 119 is closed between County Road 7 and State Road 19 while crews continue work on a new roundabout at 19-119 and County Road 44. County Road 44 East is also closed. (ends 10/2015)
- State Road 39 is closing between U.S 30 and U.S. 6, near LaPorte. Crews are resurfacing the road and replacing the guard rails. (ends 11/15/15)
- Watch for lane restrictions on State Road 331 between U.S. 30 and State Road 10 near Bourbon. This goes until the end of November. Also, SR 331 will be closed, completely, starting 8/24 through mid-September for railroad crossing repair between E. Jackson Street and Lincoln Highway.
- In Niles, the right shoulder on the eastbound US-12 bridge over M-51 is closed as a precaution due to damage to the beam. (ends TBA)
- A reminder for downtown Niles drivers, that the Main St. Bridge is closed for an entire year. Detours are set along Lincoln, Grant, Broadway, Fifth and Wayne Streets.