ST. JOSEPH COUNTY
- The ramp from eastbound U.S. 20 to the northbound bypass is closed. Also, the ramp from the northbound bypass to westbound U.S. 20 is closed. Intermittent lane closure on U.S. 20 and the bypass are also possible.
- Delays are possible on the State Road 23 bridge over Yellow Bank Creek, between Shively Road and Walnut Road, near Walkerton, due to bridge work. Flaggers will be on scene at times directing traffic. (ends 10/31)
- State Road 23 is closed at the railroad tracks between U.S 6 and Tyler Road in Walkerton. Crews will be replacing the bridge deck over Pine Creek. The closure is in effect through mid-November. Detours are set up.
- (NEW) Watch for restrictions at the intersection of Sorin and Notre Dame Avenue. (ends 10/27)
- (NEW) Oak St. is restricted from Sherman Ave. to LaPorte St.
- (NEW) Watch for lane closures on State Road 23 from the Prairie Apartments to Locust Road. The sidewalk and curb project underway there will end in mid-November. (ends 11/17)
- Watch for restrictions along St. Joseph St. in front of Century Center in downtown South Bend. (ends 10/31)
- Lafayette is closed from just north of Western to Jefferson. (Work is being done to improve the power grid to help prevent another outage like the one that happened last year.)
- (NEW) Watch for crews working along Fir Road in Mishawaka between University Drive and Douglas Roads. Flaggers may be on scene helping direct traffic.
- Cedar St. is closed to through traffic between Lincolnway and Fourth St/, including the intersection of Cedar St. and Third St. (ends 10/31)
- Gumwood Road is closing from north of Adams Road to the Michigan state line for road work. Residents who live in the neighborhoods along that stretch will need to get in and out through Adams Road.
- Mishawaka Ave. will be closed between Forest Avenue and Liberty Drive. (ends 10/31)
- (NEW) Dexter Drive is closed between Wade Drive and Thorne Drive. (ends late on 10/23)
- (NEW) In Elkhart, South 6th Street at Carlton Avenue will be closed for about two weeks for sewer work. A detour is posted. (ends 11/5)
- Traffic on South Main Street has been shifted west between Lusher and Indiana Avenues while the Schult Warehouse is demolished, but northbound and southbound lanes remain open.
- Traffic on Lexington Avenue between Main St. and Waterfall Drive is still one-way due to construction. Northbound Waterfall is still closed between High Street and Jackson Boulevard. And the Gause parking lot along Waterfall is still closed. (ends 11/1)
- Prairie Street is closed from Division Street to Stocker Court. This includes the intersection with Division. Detour to Main, Franklin and Waterfall. (ends 11/15/15)
- Folsom Street is closed at Elizabeth, Belmont, Huron and York. Take Bar Street to get to the cross streets. (ends 11/15/15)
- (NEW) Drivers should expect slow traffic on the State Road 19 bridge over U.S. 20. Lane restriction and daytime flagging will be in effect for overpass maintenance work. (ends 10/31)
- State Road 119 is closed between County Road 7 and State Road 19 while crews continue work on a new roundabout at 19-119 and County Road 44. County Road 44 East is also closed. (ends 10/2015)
- State Road 39 is closing between U.S 30 and U.S. 6, near LaPorte. Crews are resurfacing the road and replacing the guard rails. (ends 11/15/15)
- Watch for lane restrictions on State Road 331 between U.S. 30 and State Road 10 near Bourbon. This goes until the end of November. Also, SR 331 will be closed, completely, starting 8/24 through mid-September for railroad crossing repair between E. Jackson Street and Lincoln Highway.
- In Marshall County, the U.S. 6 bridge over the Yellow River is closed. The bridge is a mile west of State Road 331 in Bremen. (ends 9/2015)
- In Niles, the right shoulder on the eastbound US-12 bridge over M-51 is closed as a precaution due to damage to the beam. (ends TBA)
- A reminder for downtown Niles drivers, that the Main St. Bridge is closed for an entire year. Detours are set along Lincoln, Grant, Broadway, Fifth and Wayne Streets.