There are six new traffic restrictions in South Bend starting Thursday, May 28, due to road construction, including along Lincolnway West, S. St. Joseph Street and Michigan Street:
- (NEW) In South Bend, watch for lane restrictions along Lincolnway West, from Maple Street to Olive Street due to repaving work. (ends 6/2)
- (NEW) In South Bend, watch for lane restrritions along South St. Joseph Street near Wayne Street. (ends 5/29)
- (NEW) In South Bend, watch for lane restrictions along Michigan Street, just south of Bartlett. (ends 5/29)
- (NEW) In South Bend, Rose Street is restricted east of Hass Drive. Watch for flagmen directing traffic at times. (ends 6/1)
- (NEW) In South Bend, St. Peter Street is closed from St Vincent to Howard. (ends late on 5/29)
- (NEW) In South Bend, northbound Portage is down to one lane between Bendix and Appaloosa Drive. (ends 6/5)
- Watch for lane closures on Kenmore Street near Voorde Drive. Flaggers may be on scene to help direct you through. (ends 6/17)
- Traffic is restricted on Northshore Drive at Iroquois, due to the river bank caving in. The bike lanes are closed there. Traffic is shifted to the north (TFN)
- Fellows Street is closed from Ireland Road to Walter Street. (ends late on 5/29)
- Lane restrictions continue along Lincolnway West from William to Maplewood. (ends 6/26)
- St. Peter Street is restricted from St Vincent to Howard. (ends late on 5/29)
- Crews are scheduled to start work on the railroad crossing at Douglas Road between Fir Road and Capital Avenue for repairs. They anticipate the closure to extend for a period of 2 weeks weather permitting. (ends 6/9)
- Mishawaka Ave. is closed to through traffic from Main St. to Cedar St. Traffic will be detoured via Main, Lincolnway and Cedar. (ends in late June)
- Mishawaka, Church St. between Third St. and Eighth St. is down to one lane in each direction. Large truck traffic is being detoured. (ends 6/15)
- Gumwood Road is closed from Brick Rd. to Adams Rd. Work to finish the storm sewer, earthwork, pavement removal and prepare for asphalt pavement will take place. Traffic will be detoured to Fir Rd., Adams Rd. and Grape Rd.
- Road construction along U.S. 33 between Elkhart River bridge and Ferndale Road continues. Most of the work is expected to be finished in early June.
- State Road 15 is being worked on from Madison Street to Kercher Road. (ends 7/5)
- Fifth Street is closed from north of Pike Street to Rock Run Creek.
- Folsom Street is closed at Elizabeth, Belmont, Huron and York starting now, through mid-November. Take Bar Street to get to the cross streets. (ends 11/15/15)
- Arcade Avenue is closed from Woodward Avenue to Suwanee Street (ends 6/8)
- Prairie St. is closed on the north side of Middlebury St. to the south side of State St.
- Waterfall Drive is closed between Franklin St & High Street for streetscape improvements and Riverwalk extension. E. Lexington, Waterfall Drive and High Street will be one-way throughout the construction project. (ends 9/15)
- The realigning of County Road 40 continues east of County Road 19 (ends 6/25)
- The County Road 40 bridge over Stony Creek is closed between County Road 43 and County Road South 1200 West in Lagrange County (west of Topeka). (ends 7/17)
- U.S. 20 lane expansion continues from County Road 17 to County Road 15. (ends 7/2015)
- Drivers who regularly travel the County Road 4 bridge over Christiana Creek, north of Elkhart, need to find a new route. The bridge is closed for the next six months for replacement. (ends 6/2015)
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY
- Watch for barricades on Layton Road, one-half mile east of State Road 331. Also, near the junction of Madison Road at Elm Road. Watch your speed and use extra caution. (ends TBA)
- The U.S. 6 bridge over the Yellow River is closed. The bridge is a mile west of State Road 331 in Bremen. (ends 9/2015)
- The right shoulder on the eastbound US-12 bridge over M-51 is closed as a precaution due to damage to the beam. (ends TBA)
- A reminder for downtown Niles drivers, that the Main St. Bridge is closed for an entire year. Detours are set along Lincoln, Grant, Broadway, Fifth and Wayne Streets.