Cass County man dies after being exposed to carbon monoxide while boating on Lake Michigan

Police have identified the man who died after he was exposed to carbon monoxide on a boat on Lake Michigan on Sunday afternoon, Aug. 16.

Leonard Anthony Russian, 53, of Cass County, Mich., was pronounced dead when he arrived to Lakeland Hospital in St. Joseph, Mich., according to a news release from the Berrien County Sheriff’s Office.

A 63-year-old Granger, Ind., man who was on the boat was taken to a Grand Rapids hospital for further treatment. A 45-year-old Cass County woman was treated and released from Lakeland Hospital.

The names of the other two victims were released but 95.3 MNC will not publish those names per newsroom policy.

The three people were exposed to carbon monoxide while on a boat on Lake Michigan off the shore of Jean Klock Park in Benton Harbor, Mich.

Several first responders were also treated for carbon monoxide exposure, according to the news release.

The incident is under investigation.

Related posts

Dog reunited with owner after 5 months away

95.3 MNC

Michigan bill requires equal health coverage of cancer drugs

95.3 MNC

Indiana woman accused of trying to kill baby arrested in Michigan

Darrin Wright