INDOT will begin the second phase of the U.S. 31/20 Bypass bridge rehabilitation project near the South Bend Airport on Monday, March 28.
This project will close of two ramps and lanes near the U.S. 31/20 bypass as crews work to improve the bypass bridge over U.S. 20.
- Ramp from Southbound U.S. 31/20 Bypass to eastbound U.S. 20
- Ramp from westbound U.S. 20 to southbound U.S. 31/20 Bypass
- Eastbound U.S. 20 left lane closed at the bridge
- Westbound U.S. 20 left lane closed at the bridge
Southbound U.S. 31/20 Bypass traffic will be shifted into northbound lane at the bridge and there will only be one lane in both directions at the bridge.
Traffic will be detoured around the ramp closures by utilizing the interchanges at the U.S. 31/20 Bypass and Nimtz Road and the U.S. 31/20 Bypass and State Road 2.
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY
- In St. Joseph County, Quinn Road between Hickory Road and Gumwood Road is closed to allow crews to make repairs to the guardrail on the bridge over Kline/Rouch Ditch. You can detour using Miami, Riley and Gumwood Roads.
- (NEW FOR MON) In Mishawaka, Dragoon Trail will be closed to all traffic between Logan St. and Russell Ave. starting at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 6:00 p.m. Detour using Logan St., Milburn Blvd., and Ironwood Dr. (ends 3/28)
- (NEW FOR MON) New restrictions are in place at Olive St. and Sample St. from the railroad south of Tucker on Olive… and from Olive and Sample to Olive and Ford. Also, the intersection of Brookfield and Sample. (ends 4/28)
- (NEW FOR MON) Watch for restrictions on St. Joseph from South to Bronson. (ends 3/31)
- (NEW FOR MON) Traffic is restricted on South St. from Main to Michigan. Also, on Main St. from South to Western. (ends 4/1)
- (NEW FOR MON) Restrictions are set up on Orange St. from Grant St. to Johnson (ends late on 3/28)
- Traffic is restricted on Lafayette, between South and Monroe (ends 4/2)
- Watch for lane restrictions along Western Avenue from S. Williams to S. Main Street. (ends 3/30)
- Northside Blvd is closed near the South Bend Farmer’s Market. (ends 3/31)
- Helmen Cout is restriction from Wayne North to Jefferson. (ends 4/19)
- County Road 29 is closed at U.S. 6. Detours are set up for traffic along CR 29. Traffic on U.S. 6 is not affected, but watch out for flaggers directing traffic at times. (ends 10/16)
- Michigan Road, the old 31, is closed just south of Lapaz for bridge replacement work. Drivers are encouraged to take U.S. 6, U.S. 31 and U.S. 30 to get in and out of Plymouth.)
- Watch for alternating lane restrictions on U.S. 30 between State Road 15 and State Road 19 in Kosciusko County for the next several months. Crews will be working on three bridges along U.S. 30. Work is expected to be completed by late August.