IndianaLocalNews

Claypool house explosion caused by gas leak, per officials

(Katie Wonderly/News Now Warsaw)

CLAYPOOL, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a gas leak is to blame for a home explosion in northern Indiana that killed a woman and badly injured her husband in August.

WANE-TV reports an investigation by the Burket/Seward Township Fire Department, the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department and the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s office determined the blast was caused by a gas leak in, on, or around a clothes dryer.

The explosion on August 25 killed 68-year-old Kay Justis. An autopsy determined she died from blunt force trauma as a result of the blast.

Related posts

Indiana Association of Realtors claims progress in monthly real estate report

95.3 MNC

No injuries reported in LaPorte County house fire

Alyssa Foster

Residential search warrant leads to discovery of several drugs, evidence of distribution

95.3 MNC

Leave a Comment