Monday, July 8, marks the start of the 18th annual Cops Cycling for Survivors bicycle ride around Indiana.
The cyclists’ journey will last 13 days and cover nearly 1,000 miles bicycling the perimeter of Indiana honoring fallen police officers and their families.
The Cops Cycling for Survivors Foundation, Inc. annual bike ride consists of active and retired police officers, law enforcement survivors, law enforcement family members and friends of law enforcement riding their bicycles around the perimeter of Indiana to raise funds and awareness of the sacrifices made by Hoosier law enforcement families across Indiana.
Funds raised from the event are used to perpetuate the memories of officers killed in the line-of-duty and to aid surviving family members and co-workers of officers killed in the line-of-duty. Previously raised funds have been directly donated to foundations, scholarships and camps started in memory of fallen officers or by Indiana survivors in honor of their fallen heroes and to provide immediate financial assistance following a line of duty death.
The ride is scheduled to conclude the afternoon of Saturday, July 20, at Crown Hill Cemetery, Heroes of Public Safety Section.
The general route of the ride is as follows:
- Day 1- July 8th Indianapolis to Lapel (Lunch Boone County)
- Day 2- July 9th Lapel to Bluffton (Lunch Taylor University)
- Day 3- July 10th Bluffton to Angola (Lunch Fort Wayne)
- Day 4- July 11th Angola to South Bend/Mishawaka (Lunch Middlebury)
- Day 5- July 12th South Bend/Mishawaka to Merrillville (Lunch La Porte)
- Day 6- July 13th Merrillville to Kentland (Lunch Lowell)
Day 7- July 14th Kentland to Terre Haute (Lunch Cayuga)
- Day 8- July 15th Terre Haute to Princeton (Lunch Wabash Valley Correctional Facility Sullivan)
- Day 9- July 16th Princeton to Huntingburg (Lunch Jasper)
- Day 10- July 17th Jasper to Jeffersonville (Lunch Marengo)
- Day 11- July 18th Jeffersonville to Madison (Lunch Madison)
- Day 12- July 19th Madison to Bloomington (Lunch Brownstown)
- Day 13- July 20th Bloomington to Indianapolis (Lunch Mooresville)
To track the ride’s progress, stops, and activities, please like and follow them on the Cops
Cycling for Survivors Foundation Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Cops-Cycling-for-Survivors-195826717113332/
For more information about the organization, donations made, or this year’s ride, visit their