The Elkhart County COVID-19 Information Line is available and answered by a live person. They are Elkhart County’s trusted source of accurate information. If they do not know the answer, you will be given a resource. This is an information line. They are not a source for a test authorization. The phone number for the Information Line is 574-523-2106. Calls will be accepted Monday thru Saturday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
As health leaders have said many times and will continue to say, the best way to protect from any respiratory illness, including COVID-19 is to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60% or higher alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing (no group functions such as book clubs, meetings, and or congregations of 10 or more)
- Stay home unless you need to go somewhere.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.