The South Bend Police Department is hosting the 2021 Citizen’s Police Academy from August 10 to October 5.
The Citizen’s Police Academy was established to promote an understanding of the South Bend Police Department and its policies and procedures. In addition, the academy provides training in all aspects of law enforcement and the issues that police officers face on a daily basis.
The Citizen’s Police Academy is a 9-week program between August 10 and October 5. Classes are held on Tuesday nights from 6pm-8:30pm at the police department. 40 spots will be available for this academy.
The Citizen’s Police Academy is free of charge.
Some of the general topics discussed are:
• Hands on demonstrations from K-9, SWAT and the Bomb Disposal Unit
• Crime Scene Processing • Shoot, Don’t Shoot simulation
• Narcotics Enforcement
• Patrol Operations
Potential candidates for the Citizen’s Police Academy must meet the following criteria:
• Minimum age of 18 years old
• No prior felony convictions (Certain Misd. offenses may disqualify you also)
• Subject to criminal history check
The application can be found by clicking HERE.