IndianaLocalNews

Fire at building on Middlebury Street in Elkhart ruled accidenal

(Bill Beck/Elkhart Truth)

The Red Cross is helping a tenant after a fire at a building in the 100 block of Middlebury Street in Elkhart.

Crews were called around 11:45 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 8, to find a small blaze in the basement of the structure.

The resident affected was already outside and was not injured.

Fire crews quickly made entry through the back of the building and got the fire out within minutes.

Electric, natural gas and water services were shut down until repairs can be made.

The nature of the fire was said to be accidental.

Related posts

No injuries reported in LaPorte County house fire

Alyssa Foster

Residential search warrant leads to discovery of several drugs, evidence of distribution

95.3 MNC

Indiana considered one of the least ‘green states’

Network Indiana

Leave a Comment