IndianaLocalNews

Sex offender who failed to register re-arrested hours after police issued alert

(Photo supplied/LaPorte County Sheriff's Office)

It took just two hours to get a convicted sex offender who was wanted for failure to register as a sex offender back behind bars in LaPorte County.

The LaPorte County Sheriff’s Office put the word out, Friday, Aug. 25, that Davion Taylor, 27, was wanted by authorities.

Taylor was released from prison on June 23. He reported to the sheriff’s office to register a few days later and said he’d be staying at the Super 8 in Michigan City.

When a compliance check was performed at the motel, police were told Taylor’s rented room was never occupied by him.

Taylor had been locked up after pleading guilty to rape back in 2020. The sheriff’s office says Taylor resurfaced shortly after a social media post about him and was taken into custody.

Related posts

Study gathers data on Michigan lake sturgeon

Alyssa Foster

One dead after Chikaming Township crash

Alyssa Foster

Fourth Ward Alliance to host annual Resource Fair

Alyssa Foster

Leave a Comment