ST. JOSEPH COUNTY
- The ramp from eastbound U.S. 20 to the northbound bypass is closed. Also, the ramp from the northbound bypass to westbound U.S. 20 is closed. Intermittent lane closure on U.S. 20 and the bypass are also possible.
- Union Road is closed in the southwestern part of the county for replacement of the roadway over Robbins Ditch. Detour using County Road 875 East in LaPorte County and Timothy Trail for north and southbound traffic.
- Delays are possible on the State Road 23 bridge over Yellow Bank Creek, between Shively Road and Walnut Road, near Walkerton, due to bridge work. Flaggers will be on scene at times directing traffic. (ends 10/31)
- State Road 23 is closed at the railroad tracks between U.S 6 and Tyler Road in Walkerton. Crews will be replacing the bridge deck over Pine Creek. The closure is in effect through mid-November. Detours are set up.
- (NEW) The intersection of Western and Lafayette is closed (ends 9/28)
- (NEW) Watch for a partial closure in the 3200 block of West Calvert Street. It’s at Renewable Road, west of Olive St. (ends 9/25)
- Watch for lane restrictions on Western Avenue from Dundee to Bendix. (ends 10/1)
- Watch for restrictions in the 500 block of West South St. continuing to Main St. (ends 10/2)
- Traffic is restricted along Carbonmill Drive from Ameritech to the east. (ends 10/9)
- (NEW) A partial road closure along Brick Road between Gumwood and Fir. The closure is located in front of Prairie Vista School. Prairie Vista can be accessed from either side, be it from Fir Road or Gumwood. The closure is expected be in effect until Thursday. (ends 9/24)
- The Byrkit Ave. railroad crossing between Fourth St. and Fifth St. is closed for repairs. Detour using the Merrifield Ave. and Beiger St. crossings. (ends 9/25)
- Cedar St. is closed to through traffic between Lincolnway and Fourth St/, including the intersection of Cedar St. and Third St. (ends 10/31)
- Gumwood Road is closing from north of Adams Road to the Michigan state line for road work. Residents who live in the neighborhoods along that stretch will need to get in and out through Adams Road.
- Mishawaka Ave. will be closed between Forest Avenue and Liberty Drive. (ends 10/31)
- Down to one lane in each direction on South Main Street, between Ren Street and Chase Street. Expect possible delays. (ends 10/16)
- Westbound Lexington Avenue between Main Street and Waterfall Drive, Waterfall Drive between Jackson Boulevard and High Street and the Gause parking lot along Waterfall are closed. (ends 11/1)
- Prairie Street is closed between Waterfall Drive and Division Street. This is a long-term closure, ending in late October. (ends 10/24)
- Prairie Street is closed from Division Street to Stocker Court. This includes the intersection with Division. Detour to Main, Franklin and Waterfall. (ends 11/15/15)
- Folsom Street is closed at Elizabeth, Belmont, Huron and York. Take Bar Street to get to the cross streets. (ends 11/15/15
- The U.S. 33 bridge over the Elkhart River in Benton is closed. Detour using U.S. 6 to State Road 13, State Road 15, then back to 33.
- State Road 119 is closed between County Road 7 and State Road 19 while crews continue work on a new roundabout at 19-119 and County Road 44. County Road 44 East is also closed. (ends 10/2015)
- State Road 39 is closing between U.S 30 and U.S. 6, near LaPorte. Crews are resurfacing the road and replacing the guard rails. (ends 11/15/15)
- Watch for lane restrictions on State Road 331 between U.S. 30 and State Road 10 near Bourbon. This goes until the end of November. Also, SR 331 will be closed, completely, starting 8/24 through mid-September for railroad crossing repair between E. Jackson Street and Lincoln Highway.
- The U.S. 6 bridge over the Yellow River is closed. The bridge is a mile west of State Road 331 in Bremen. (ends 9/2015)
- In Niles, the right shoulder on the eastbound US-12 bridge over M-51 is closed as a precaution due to damage to the beam. (ends TBA)
- A reminder for downtown Niles drivers, that the Main St. Bridge is closed for an entire year. Detours are set along Lincoln, Grant, Broadway, Fifth and Wayne Streets.