Fish fries are popping up around Michiana as Catholics observe Lent, an annual tradition that includes avoiding meat on Fridays.
If you want to enjoy some fried seafood, check out one of these fish frys happening between now and Good Friday, March 25. Find more fish frys in the full list from Flavor 574.
Knights of Columbus 1043 — Elkhart
- WHEN: From 5 to 7 p.m. ever Friday during Lent
- MENU: Fish, scalloped potatoes, coleslaw and bread
- PRICE: Adults are $9; children 6 to 12 are $4; children 5 and younger are free.
- INFO: 574-293-0341
Knights of Columbus Council 553 — South Bend
- WHEN: From 5 to 7:30 p.m. every Friday during Lent
- MENU: All-you-can-eat fried or baked Alaskan pollock, side dishes and cash bar. They will also have pierogi dinners. Carryout available.
- PRICE: Adults are $10; children ages 6 to 14 are $5; children 5 and younger are free.
- INFO: 575-234-9800
St. Anthony de Padua Church and School — South Bend
- WHEN: 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 19
- MENU: All-you-can-eat fish. Additional menu items are apple sauce, chips and coleslaw.
- PRICE: Adults are $9 for presale and $10 at the door; seniors are $8 for presale and $9 at the door; children ages 5 to 10 are $5 for presale and $6 at the door. Tickets are available at the church office.
- INFO: 574-233-7169
St. Pius X — Granger
- WHEN: From 4 to 7 p.m. Feb. 19, March 4 and March 18
- MENU: Other available items will include coleslaw, macaroni and cheese, french fries, juice and coffee.
- COST: Adults are $8; children ages 6 to 11 are $4; children 5 and younger are free.
- INFO: 574-272-8462
ZB Falcons — South Bend
- WHEN: Takeout baskets available from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Fridays through Lent
- MENU: Choose from perch, smelt or shrimp with french fries and coleslaw for $7, or order the combo with any two choices of fish for $8 plus both sides.
- INFO: 574-288-3335
Find out where else you can enjoy a fish dinner during Lent in the full list from Flavor 574.