Deadly South Bend fire caused by pan on stove

0
587
deadly south bend fire
(Photo Supplied/ABC 57)

A deadly South Bend fire that claimed the life of a 10-year-old girl in May started in the kitchen.

The fire started after a pan was left unattended on the stovetop, Capt. Matthew Beebe with the South Bend Fire Department said.

Lanijah Kyle was rescued from the burning home in the 1500 block of O’Brien Street on May 26 and later died at Memorial Hospital of South Bend. Two adults and two children who were also inside the home were treated at the hospital for smoke inhalation and have since been released, Beebe said.

The house was destroyed in the fire.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here