BUNKER HILL, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a northern Indiana man died from electrocution while spaying crops in a farm field.
The Miami County Sheriff’s Department says investigators believe 40-year-old Trevor Hughes was electrocuted while leaving a tractor after a sprayer arm became entangled in an electric line.
The Kokomo Tribune reports deputies were called to the field near the town of Bunker Hill, where Hughes was found unresponsive next to the tractor Tuesday evening. The Miami County man was pronounced dead at the scene.