Michiana is home to two colleges that are excelling in one way or another, according to the latest U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges rankings for 2017.
The University of Notre Dame came in tied at #15 in the list of National Universities, tied with Cornell, Rice, and Vanderbilt Universities. That’s up three slots to 15th overall, which also places it as the best college in Indiana overall.
Goshen College was named the 5th best Regional Cities Midwest school in the country.
The rankings are released annually and weigh the academic quality of major colleges in the United States and breaks them down into best categories, like “best liberal arts colleges” and “best engineering programs.”
Here’s a breakdown of how Indiana and local schools did in a few categories.
- University of Notre Dame – 15 (up three from last year)
- Purdue University – 60 (up one)
- Indiana University – 86 (down 14)
- Ball State University – 176 (down eight)
TOP PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Purdue University – 20 (up one from last year)
- Indiana University – 36 (down seven)
- Ball State University – 93 (down two)
- Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis — 106 (up 10)
BEST VALUE SCHOOLS, REGIONAL COLLEGES (MIDWEST)