ON THE TOLL ROAD
- The Michigan City exit at mile marker 39 has re-opened to traffic.
- The on/off ramps at the South Bend toll road exit at mile marker 72 will be closed for repaving, Sept. 27 to Oct. 14th.
- The on/off ramps at the Valparaiso-Chesterton toll road exit at mile marker 31 will be closed starting Wednesday until Oct. 17th.
- Fir Road is closed at the toll road overpass. Find an alternate route. (ends TBA)
- (NEW FOR WED 9/28) The northbound lanes on Logan Street and Hickory Road are scheduled to be resurfaced through October 4th. Hickory, from Edison Rd to Hepler St, will be milled and paved Wednesday and Thursday. Logan, from Wilson Blvd to the railroad tracks just south of Jefferson Blvd, is scheduled to be milled and paved on Monday, October 3rd through Tuesday, October 4th.
IN SOUTH BEND
- (NEW FOR MON) Watch for a partial lane closure in the 1800 block of Dunn Road.
- Traffic is restricted to local traffic only in the 5100 block of Melwood Court, due to sewer work. (ends 9/28)
- (NEW) Watch for a restriction in the 200 block of South Main Street. (ends 10/7) Also, watch for a restriction in the 600 block of South Lafayette. (ends 12/1)
- (SMART STREETS) Watch for lane closures on Michigan Street in downtown South Bend south of the newly opened roundabouts. Stay to the right on Michigan from Ewing to Jefferson. Main Street is down to one from South to Ewing. Main and Michigan turn into two-way traffic south of Ewing St.
- Watch for a partial lane closure in the 100 block of St. Joseph St. (ends 10/1)
- Old US 31 is restricted from Kern Road to Lucinda St. (ends 10/21)
- Watch for partial lane closures on Jackson Road from Fellows to Grass Road. (ends 10/31)
- The Olive-Sample bridge construction project continues. Sample Street has lane restrictions… Also Olive Street is closed at Ford Street on north… and south of Sample. (ends Sep/Oct 2016)
- The City of South Bend’s sewer separation project is underway with road closures taking place along Northside Boulevard and Frances Street, south of Wayne Street. (ends in Nov. 2016)
IN CASS COUNTY
- Construction is now underway on a roundabout at Five Points Road and U.S. 12 in Cass County, between Edwardsburg and Union. Drivers who travel through the area should detour along Cassopolis Road, Mason Street and Calvin Center Road (ends 9/30)