IndianaLocalNews

Mishawaka man hospitalized after fire guts mobile home

An elderly man is recovering from burn wounds after a fire destroyed the mobile home he lived in.

The fire happened on the 2000 block of Byrkit Ave. just before noon Sunday, according to the South Bend Tribune.

The victim’s condition isn’t known, but witnesses say that the man had burns to his face and scalp. A woman also living in the home got out safely.

It’s not known what started the fire. Witnesses say it could have been from an overheated charging cable, according to the South Bend Tribune.

The fire is still under investigation.

Related posts

St. Joseph County obituaries, April 30 to May 7, 2015

95.3 MNC

Soon-to-be-open Lakeville brewery drops controversial beer names

Associated Press

Court docs: Indiana cop fired at least 3 times at detective

Associated Press

Leave a Comment