IndianaLocalNews

Elkhart resident falls asleep while cooking, house catches fire

(Bill Beck/Elkhart Truth)

A house fire in Elkhart could have been a disaster for someone who fell asleep while cooking.

It happened around 1 p.m. on Thursday, Sep. 13, at the home on Cassopolis Street.

The resident fell asleep with grease warming up on the stove to make french fries, which overheated and set the kitchen ablaze.

Neighbors woke the man after they noticed the smoke and flames, and he was able to get out of the house without injury.

The fire did an estimated $3,000 in damage to the home.

Related posts

Delphi judge denies more media broadcast rights for May trial

Network Indiana

Indiana USPS locations to host job fairs to fill immediate openings

95.3 MNC

YMCA of Greater Michiana to begin operations for new downtown South Bend facility

95.3 MNC

Leave a Comment