Neighbors wake occupants of burning house

0
183
(Bill Beck/Elkhart Truth)

A house fire in Elkhart resulted in neighbors having to wake up the people inside.

Firefighters found smoke coming from the roof of the home in the 2900 block of Greenleaf Boulevard shortly after 11 o’clock Monday night.

They located the fire in the attic, where there were no smoke alarms. For that reason, the occupants of the house were asleep and unaware that the fire had broken out. Neighbors woke them and they were able to make it out safely.

No injuries were reported but the home was seriously damaged.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here