Officials: Cooking may be cause of massive apartment fire in Berrien Springs

0
557

Fire officials in Berrien Springs believe a massive fire at an apartment complex was caused by cooking.

The blaze happened just before 9 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 24, at Park Manor Apartments. At least 10 families lost all their belongings.

The manager said the fire began in the kitchen of one of the units and damaged 11 apartments on two floors of the building.

Dozens of people, none of whom had renter’s insurance, were displaced and have found temporary places to stay.

No residents were injured, though one firefighter was taken to the hospital with possible smoke inhalation.

Three GoFundMe sites have been created by three people affected:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/orlando039s-reconstruction-fund

https://www.gofundme.com/f/felipe039s-reconstruction-budget?&&+share-sheet

https://www.gofundme.com/f/zzgbw-displaced-by-apartment-building-fire&-156676412635-a5d58ae530584f65&

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here