Leaf pickup will begin in South Bend in just a couple of weeks.
The City announced Monday the South Bend Fall ReLeaf program will kick off on Monday, Oct. 28 and run through Wednesday, Nov. 27.
Crews will make two passes to collect leaves from neighborhoods, street by street, based on the following schedule:
Click here for details. Keep in mind residents do NOT need to call to request a pickup.
The City of South Bend asks residents to follow the guidelines below during the program:
- Leaves need to be raked to the tree lawn area, NOT into the street, by 6:00 a.m. on the pickup date to ensure they are picked up.
- Leaves need to be free of sticks, trash and other debris or they may not be picked up.
- Cars should not be parked on top or in front of leaf piles along curb lines, as this hampers leaf collection.
- Leaf burning is prohibited and is a violation of City ordinance.
- Residents can call 311 with any questions.
Residents participating in the City’s Yard Waste program can also put leaves in their yard waste bins.
Leaf pickup for Elkhart residents will begin next Monday.