The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office Administration Building lobby will reopen to the public on Tuesday, May 19.
Due to limited lobby space and the ongoing pandemic, in-person services for Records will continue to be by appointment only.
To book an appointment, call (574) 891-2300 and selection “Option 2” followed by “Option 1.”
The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office asks that the public do as much as possible online, by phone call or through the mail. These services include: tax warrant payments, public records requests, criminal history checks, sheriff sale inquiries, vehicle crash reports and incident report requests.
Other services available on the website include:
- Criminal History: http://www.elkhartcountysheriff.com/divisions/administrative-services/criminal-history-report/
- Gun Permit Information: http://www.elkhartcountysheriff.com/resources/gun-permit-information/
- Report a Crime: http://www.elkhartcountysheriff.com/resources/report-a-crime/
- Crash Reports: https://www.buycrash.com/
- Tax Warrants: http://www.elkhartcountysheriff.com/resources/tax-warrants1/
For questions about the Sex and Violent Offender registry, contact (574) 891-2347.
The Elkhart County Correctional Facility lobby is still closed to the general public until further notice.