A rising amount of students think credit cards, and credit scores, will be more important after the coronavirus pandemic.
In response, personal finance website WalletHub has released its picks for the Best Credit Cards for 2020 Graduates to help new college and high school graduates build credit as well as maximize savings.
WalletHub’s best credit cards for 2020 graduates are as follows:
- Bank of America Cash Rewards Credit Card for Students (limited credit and .edu email address)
- Earn 1% back on purchases, 2% back on grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and 3% back in the category of your choice (gas, online shopping, dining, travel, drug stores or home improvement/furnishings).
- Petal Visa Credit Card (limited credit and no .edu email address)
- $0 fees across the board, with rewards equal to 1-1.5% cash back on all purchases, and monthly credit-bureau reporting.
- Capital One Secured Mastercard (damaged credit)
- Reports account activity to the major credit bureaus on a monthly basis.
Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card and Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card also made the list.