Tens of thousands of Indiana Michigan Power (I&M) customers are still in the dark after Monday night’s storms.
As of 9 a.m. Tuesday, I&M crews had restored power to more than 20% of the approximately 52,000 customers who lost service.
Outage numbers are as follows (as of 9 a.m.):
- Indiana Total Customer Outages: 21,000
- Fort Wayne/Northeast Indiana area: 10,500
- Muncie/Marion/East Central Indiana area: 950
- South Bend/Elkhart/North Central Indiana area: 9,400
- Michigan Total Customer Outages: 19,250
- Benton Harbor area: 15,800
- Buchanan area: 1,000
- Three Rivers area: 2,400
I&M reports this is likely to be a multi-day restoration effort given the widespread, extensive damage.
To monitor the status of any outage affecting your home or business, click here.