If you’re looking to get outside and get some fresh air, St. Joseph County Parks is offering free guided hikes this fall.
The guided tours will take place every Wednesday, from September 2 through October 28, and will take place at a different park each week.
The first hike will take place next Wednesday at Bendix Woods County Park, kicking off at the Otahnagon Picnic Area at 10 a.m. Park staff will guide tourists through the Bendix Woods Nature Preserve, one of the few remnants of old growth forest in Indiana.
All other scheduled Wednesday Walks in the Woods are as follows:
- September 16: Spicer Lake Nature Preserve
- September 23: St. Patrick’s County Park
- October 7: Bendix Woods County Park
- October 14: Spicer Lake Nature Preserve
- October 21: Ferrettie/Baugo Creek County Park
- October 28: St. Patrick’s County Park
Hikes will be about a mile long and will take approximately 60 minutes. Registration is not required. For more information, call (574) 654-3155.