Red Cross helping family after apartment fire in Dowagiac

American Red Cross. (PRNewsFoto/American Red Cross)

The Red Cross is helping a family displaced after their apartment caught fire.

The blaze happened early Saturday night, July 17, at Parkside Apartments on E. Railroad in Dowagiac.

It took crews less than a half-hour to douse the flames.

The fire damage was confined to the kitchen, but the entire apartment suffered heat and smoke damage.

The blaze was determined to be accidental, though the occupant is not aware of how it could have started.

Related posts

Indiana Bishops suspend all Catholic Masses

Darrin Wright

Governor: Bankruptcy ruling is 'excellent'

95.3 MNC

Woman shot & killed in South Bend, search underway for suspect

Jon Zimney

Leave a Comment