Fire at Benton Harbor apartment high rise likely caused by cigarette

0
369
(Photo supplied/Benton harbor Department of Public Safety)

A fire at River Terrace high rise in Benton Harbor appears to have started after a resident fell asleep while smoking.

The blaze happened on Thursday, Dec. 23, at the building at 300 River Terrace.

On arrival, crews found heavy smoke conditions on the 2nd floor and fire in one apartment.

The fire was knocked down and brought under control in about 15 minutes.

It took about two hours from the 2nd and 3rd floors, overhauling the fapartment and
conducting the investigation.

The Red Cross and River Terrace management were working to assist the tenants that were displaced by this fire.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here