IndianaLocalMichigan

Sturgis man killed in early Sunday morning apartment fire

Pixabay - https://pixabay.com/photos/firetruck-fire-emergency-siren-6820125/

A man died after an apartment caught fire in Sturgis.

The blaze happened in the early morning hours of Sunday, Jan. 1, in the 200 block of W. West Street.

Firefighters found the man in his 50s unconscious and not breathing in the apartment building.

The man was taken to the hospital where he died.

A firefighter was treated for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters say the fire was contained to one apartment, though the Red Cross is helping as many as three families.

Related posts

Saint Mary's College accepting male graduate students

95.3 MNC

Firefighters battle blaze at packaging plant in NWIN

Associated Press

DNR gives St. Joe Co the go-ahead to feed the birds again

Tommie Lee

Leave a Comment