Clay Fire Territory dispatched to Emerald Point Apartments after mattress catches fire

(Photo supplied/Clay Fire Territory)

Clay Fire Territory was dispatched to Emerald Point Apartments early Wednesday morning.

Upon arrival, crews found a mattress that had caught fire in a first-floor apartment.

A resident had used a fire extinguisher to keep the fire to a minimum, which helped prevent the fire from spreading elsewhere. Apartment residents were alerted by the smoke alarms and were able to exit without any injuries.

According to Fire Marshal Ron Mesler, this situation was a great example of why smoke alarms should be checked regularly.

He says if you need a smoke alarm, please contact your local fire department.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here