IndianaLocalNews

Northwood High School still in session despite weekend fire

(Photo supplied/Elkhart Truth)

A fire couldn’t keep kids out of the classroom Monday morning in Nappanee.

A small fire Saturday evening caused smoke damage at NorthWood High School, according to our reporting partners at the Elkhart Truth.

The smoldering fire started in the dust collector near the school’s wood shop. Industrial technology classrooms had minor damage. Minor smoke damage was found throughout the building.

The Nappanee, Foraker and Wakarusa fire departments all helped put out the fire.

Custodians worked overtime through Sunday to ensure classes would resume Monday morning.

 

Related posts

City officials see uptick in graffiti in Elkhart area

Network Indiana

Indiana Secretary of State recognizes 101-year-old Hoosier voter

Network Indiana

Virtual ballot goes live to inform Hoosiers

Joe Ulery/Indiana News Service

Leave a Comment